A different take on sliced bananas & peanut butter. Banana mash toast will give you the energy to start the day off right.
When I was a kid my mom used to make us peanut butter & sliced banana toast. Maybe once a month (if me and my brother & sister were lucky) PB&B would grace it’s way onto our plates fueling us for our days of Sesame Street & finger painting. I loved it. I mean if you didn’t have PB&B as a kid, were you ever really a kid? It wasn’t just it’s scarcity that made it desirable…it was damn delicious. In comes banana mash toast…
Now I’m all grown up and I can have peanut butter & bananas as much as I want. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, secondsie-snack… you get the picture. This recipe brings me back to my peanut butter & banana childhood but in (what I like to think of as) a mature, more adulting way. If it’s possible for me to adult… yet to be determined
Banana Mash Toast
- 2 slices of your favorite kind of bread
- ½ medium banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, whichever you prefer)
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 liberal pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Toast your favorite kind of bread in a toaster.
- Meanwhile, with a fork, mash the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl until very well combined.
- Spread over toast & enjoy.