All natural, quick & easy to make. If you constantly find yourself reaching for that box of processed nut bars, save yourself a bit of money, while eating healthier. You can use this as a straight up oat bar snack, as crumble on your yogurt in the morning or even with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
If you’re like my husband, Bryce, then you are in a constant need of food. Food for fuel. If he hasn’t had something to eat in the last 3 hours, hangryness begins to creep in. Here Bryce, have an oat bar. And the world is bright and happy again.
Safe to say these oat bars are easy to make, scrumptious and a life saver for all those hangry eaters out there.
You can crumble these oat bars over yogurt, cereal, vanilla ice-cream or enjoy with milk. Makes ~10 bars.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped nuts, any kind you prefer or mix it up!
- ⅓ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine the oats, nuts and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high for 30-40 seconds. Whisk melted ingredients together and add to the oat, nut and cranberry mix. Stir together thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and on one side pour the oat mix onto the sheet. Form into a solid rectangle about the height of the edge of the baking sheet. Your oat-mix won’t cover the whole sheet, just use your hands to form it to an appropriate thickness, making sure to press the mix together. Cover with plastic wrap and place baking sheet in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the oat rectangle from the baking sheet. Using a knife, cut the oat rectangle into your favorite oat bar size.