A fresh, simple, healthy rice bowl that will fill you up, giving you energy for any task. Bring on the day or bring on the night or just bring on whatever!
This healthy rice bowl is so extremely simple and easy. I usually make a large batch of brown rice for this the day before (feel free to do it the day of).
To roast the yam, toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Roast at 400°F for 40 min.
Healthy Rice Bowl
- ⅓ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ roasted yam, slice into half coins
- ⅓ cup spinach
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped almonds
- 1 small carrot julienned
- 1 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup broccoli, broken into bite size pieces
- ½ avocado, sliced
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. Place all the main ingredients in a bowl & serve with the aforementioned sauce.