This page provides a list of all the appetizers you may need. Whether for a 5 course meal, a pre-dinner snack or watching the Calgary Flames beat the Edmonton Oilers (Canadian hockey eh?).
Depending on how empty (or perhaps full) your stomach is, chips & curry sauce, caper mustard smashed potatoes and garlic hummus are on my list of recommendations. Most of these appetizers can double as a main course too!
- Rosemary Roasted GarlicOnly your imagination limits the variety of ways this garlic “jam” can be used. Put Rosemary Roasted Garlic on toast, in pasta, in mashed potatoes, by itself, pressed under chicken skin before roasting, as a garnish….you get the idea.
- Veggie Summer Rolls with Peanut DipAn easy stuffed pepper recipe with the mild zing of poblano and the hearty, indulgent taste of bacon, brown rice and cream cheese. These bacon cream cheese stuffed poblano peppers should be treated as full meals, since they are so freaking filling.
- Oat BarsAll natural, quick & easy to make. If you constantly find yourself reaching for that box of processed nut bars, save yourself a bit of money, while eating healthier, with this version instead. You can use this as a straight up oat bar snack, as crumble on your yogurt in the morning or even with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Chicken SaladYou know those perfectly cooked whole chickens hanging out under the heater of your neighborhood grocery store? This healthyish chicken salad will give them renewed purpose.
- Maple Miso MushroomsThe sweet hit of maple syrup paired with subtle tastes of miso and rosemary make these maple miso mushrooms a tasty side-dish that is both quick & easy to make.
- Garlic HummusA smooth garlic hummus that almost literally melts in your mouth. Cooking the garlic beforehand helps to “tame” it’s sharp flavor in this hummus. But garlic lovers shouldn’t fret, since this recipe calls for an entire head of the stuff.