More people eat gluten free meals than they know. Eggs & bacon for breakfast? BAM! Gluten free. Veggies? BAM! Gluten free. Oats? BAM-ish! Oats are gluten free but they’re generally processed in facilities with wheat-based ingredients. These recipes exclude that gluey sticky protein that’s commonly found in wheat based bread & pasta, soya sauce, hoisin sauce, couscous, beer etc. Please note that some of these recipes will indicate you use a gluten-free substitute for a few ingredients.
- Thai Coconut Milk Soup – Tom Kah “Gai”Traditional flavors of lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal, fish sauce, Thai chilies and of course, coconut milk. Thai coconut milk soup is a favorite dish from Thailand.
- Rosemary Roasted GarlicOnly your imagination limits the variety of ways this garlic “jam” can be used. Put Rosemary Roasted Garlic on toast, in pasta, in mashed potatoes, by itself, pressed under chicken skin before roasting, as a garnish….you get the idea.
- Veggie Summer Rolls with Peanut DipAn easy stuffed pepper recipe with the mild zing of poblano and the hearty, indulgent taste of bacon, brown rice and cream cheese. These bacon cream cheese stuffed poblano peppers should be treated as full meals, since they are so freaking filling.
- Chicken SaladYou know those perfectly cooked whole chickens hanging out under the heater of your neighborhood grocery store? This healthyish chicken salad will give them renewed purpose.
- Garlic HummusA smooth garlic hummus that almost literally melts in your mouth. Cooking the garlic beforehand helps to “tame” it’s sharp flavor in this hummus. But garlic lovers shouldn’t fret, since this recipe calls for an entire head of the stuff.
- Spicy Roasted Kabocha Squash SoupA perfect soup for when the leaves start to change color and you find yourself bundling under blankets. Autumn has arrived & so has roasted kabocha squash soup.