how to peel an avocado
October 28, 2019
Want to get the most out of that expensive, delicious, creamy, dreamy, scrumptious green fruit on your counter? Just follow these step-by-step instructions.
If you're like me, then you probably started peeling your avocado by slicing it in half and scooping out the creamy insides with a spoon. But, there's a more efficient way to make sure you get ALL that goodness.
Use this method with our delicious Miso Butter Egg & Avocado Toast (pictured above).
HOW TO PEEL AN AVOCADO
1. With your dominant hand, use a knife to slice the avocado in two lengthwise, rotating the avocado so it’s sliced all the way around the seed.
2. Grabbing both sides of the avocado, gently spread it apart into two pieces.
3. Carefully jam the knife into the pit of the avocado, then twist to release it from it's little avocado seed nest.
4. Slice each half of the avocado in half lengthwise.
5. Gently peel the skin from the top to the bottom with your fingers, as shown below. Do this for the rest of the avocado quarters. Voila! You've made the most of the innards of your avocado!